Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Writing, writing, writing...

Writing, writing, writing... As we wind down our school year, like everyone else across the country, we are reviewing everything like crazy.  One thing in particular that we continue to work on daily is writing.  In Georgia, the students have a writing component to the state testing in 3rd grade, so helping get the lovies ready in 2nd is the least we can do!  My students have been revisiting Informational Writing.  They have enjoyed writing about different kinds of animals.

Lisbeth researched butterflies.

 Gracie wanted to know more about tigers.
Still need to work on doing away with 1, 2, 3, etc...

Oops...The transfer of changing to notebook paper is still hard for some to understand we no longer start at the edge of the paper!

YEAH!  Kelsi is trying on those paragraphs.  I can tell where she has indented.
We're getting there!


In honor of my student's great work, my "Wild About Informational Writing" unit on my TPT store will be on sale for the rest of this week.  It is normally $4.95, but will be on sale for $3.50 until Friday.


Common Core Posters are included with the unit as well as graphic organizers and writing templates for a variety of subjects in this 44-page unit.  It is one of my best sellers!

Come back tomorrow to see what else I've got to share.  I've been taking pictures like crazy and have a list of things I want to blog about.

See you soon,
Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment