Sunday, January 20, 2013

Crazy, Hectic and FUN

It's been a busy, crazy week around my house this past week and I know this upcoming week will be even more busy and CRAZIER!!!  Yep, we are on the final week countdown of my daughter, Camille's, wedding!!!  It's SO exciting!!! 
 
I made this picture extra large so you could see one of our Pinterest inspired ideas we worked on this week for the wedding.  After the wedding next weekend, I'll have LOTS more pictures to share with you!!!
 
Now, onto what's been happening in my classroom...

We are thick in the middle of our unit on penguins.  Here is a student enjoying a penguin book in the Book Nook literacy station.

These students are writing a story using pictures from a WORDLESS book.

In the SPELLING literacy station, the students are using dictionaries to find the definitions of some penguin terms.

You can download your own FREE copy of the dictionary worksheet to use in your classroom.


We finished up our Penguin Research Books.

The last page of the research book had the students fill out a graphic organizer to gather their information in preparation for writing their reports.
 

My reading students needed the support of this easier page.  However, a more challenging report form is also included.

It was the middle benchmark of Dibels this week!!!


In between wedding preparations, I did manage to finish my Valentine's Math Centers.  Here is one of my centers all ready to go.  I taped the title of each center on brown envelopes before laminating.  Then, all of the activities are placed in the envelope for easy storage.

Here is a bonus activity that you can grab for FREE.
 
Have a GREAT long weekend!  :-)


 

3 comments:

  1. Are those votive candle holders? Those are awesome- great crafting!!! :)

    Katie
    Smiles from 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting time for you and your daughter! God bless her and her husband as they start this exciting new phase of their lives.

    And you still manage to blog and create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I never have thought of having the kids write a story from a wordless book!!! Genius! Thanks for all the great tips :)

    Alyssha
    Teaching and Tapas: 2nd Grade in Spain

    ReplyDelete