Thursday, March 21, 2013

Take it and Make it - Week #2



I'm so glad you stopped back by to find more things to TAKE and then MAKE!

Remember, there's no telling what you'll find to take away with you each week. 
 This week, it's a frugal tip.  (I LOVE frugal!)

Don't throw away your empty foaming soap container once it's empty.  Do you realize there is really NOTHING special about these?   It's simply in the pump mechanism.  You can easily make your own for literally PENNIES!

 Save your empty soap container.

 This particular bottle of body wash has lasted me for WAY over a year.  I got it for $1 at The Dollar Tree and use it to fill 5 pumps.

You need a VERY small amount of the body wash.

Fill the rest of the bottle SLOWLY with water.  Do not fill all the way to the top.



 Replace the pump and shake to mix back together.  
Voila'...  You're very own foaming hand soap.
Now wasn't that EASY?

What else can you find to TAKE with you and MAKE?

Click below for more great ideas.  
I would LOVE for you to link up your own Take it and Make it post by following these guidelines.

1) Write a post about ANY activity or idea that others can TAKE away with them and MAKE.
2)  Items can be free, paid, personal, school, ideas, activities, etc.
3)  No direct links to your store.  It must be to a BLOG Post.
4)  You must include the picture with a link directing others back to my Thursday post.
5)  Please follow the rule of three.  Please leave comments for the two links before you and 1 after you.

10 comments:

  1. I've been doing the same thing for awhile. This also works with the foaming dish soap dispensers. I just put a small amount of dish soap in the bottom of the dispenser and add water. It's an easy way to save a little money!
    Teacher Gone Digital

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for info on making foaming dish soap! I am definitely going to make some! Thanks for having this linky! Now to get ready for next week! This is fun!

    Teresa

    2nd Grade Pig Pen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing this too. It's an amazing money saver! Do you boil your water first before mixing it in? I do, but I'm not sure if it's necessary.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for hosting this linky! It is amazing to have a one stop shop of amazing and useful ideas and information.
    -Mo
    More Than Math by Mo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat idea! I didn't know there wasn't anything special about the actual soap that made it foam. I am going to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog. Thank you for your blog linkup page. It is so nice to have so many great blogs listed in one place. It makes it easy to blog hop and meet new friends and gain new ideas. I am your newest follower.

    Classroom Companion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday early! Substituting in a second grade class and enjoy reading your blog for ideas. I hope you have a wonderful bday!
    I was #801 for blog and #1,359 for tpt. Will be using both now and in the future :-)
    ritzbmx@gmail.com
    Thanks
    LaurenRitz

    ReplyDelete
  8. 메이저사이트추천December 6, 2022 at 9:54 PM

    nice to see you. After reading your nice post, I guess I'll be waiting for another post from you again. thank you I hope to see you in the future with good writing like now. :) 메이저사이트추천

    ReplyDelete